Many law firms claim to offer an agricultural service to their clients, but few genuinely understand the pressures and realities of farming life in the UK. Many of the partners in the firm are from farming families and know only too well the thin line that agricultural clients increasingly tread between farming success and failure.
We are passionate about our farming clients and their businesses and offer a wide range of services, based around agriculture, estate planning and farm diversification.
RDP’s client base is spread across some of Britain’s most beautiful and striking countryside. We are specialists in all areas of rural law, covering the sale and purchase of estates, equestrian properties, smallholdings, commercial shoots, forestry and fisheries.
We don’t just deal with acquisitions and disposals of land. We are also experts in the laws that attach to land itself such as rights of way, adverse possession, easements, commons / village greens and profits a prendre.
- Sale and purchase of farms, land, estates, forestry and fisheries
- Estate portfolio management
- Sale, purchase and refinance of country homes and estates
- Sale and purchase of farmland, forestry and fisheries
- Leasing and sale of commercial shoots
- Equine law / sale, purchase and refinance of equestrian centres and racing stables
- Grant of easements, wayleaves and profits a prendre
Succession planning is a key RDP offering and one that the agricultural team is particularly experienced in.
The team prides itself in proactively staying one step ahead of their clients, not looking at things purely on a transactional basis, but rather the bigger picture and the “longer term” strategy.
The agricultural team handles a full spectrum of contentious agriculture-related work, including:
- Advising in relation to farming partnership disputes
- Contentious trust and probate matters
- Contract law and property disputes
- Agricultural tenancy law
We have significant experience of representing clients from a wide range of backgrounds including agricultural and commercial families. We recognise that each family is unique with its own dynamic and particular set of circumstances and as such we provide highly personal, supportive, flexible and bespoke Family law services tailored to meet the specific needs and goals of our clients.