Our experienced team are well versed in representing charitable bodies and are on hand to advise clients of all sizes on a wide-range of requirements.
The team has a strong commercial background in addition to a wealth of charity experience meaning we can offer a broad range of services.
We offer advice on:
- Starting up charities, advising on constitutional matters to establish and register charities whether they are incorporated charities, charitable trusts or charitable incorporated organisations.
- Charity administration and management including the appointment and retirement of trustees, compliance and regulatory advice and accounts rules and administration
- Memorandum of understanding between Charities and the public sector and on collaboration agreements between third sector organisations
- Data protection compliance, cyber security and intellectual property matters within the charity sector
- Dealing with the acquisition and disposal of real estate assets for charitable bodies
- Administration of estates and assistance for legacy officers as part of the estate administration
- Contentious issues, such as disputes over bequeathed gifts
- Fund raising initiatives
Members of the team are appointed as directors/trustees of charities and charitable bodies and have invaluable knowledge of the expectations and the regulatory requirements.