Receptionist - Maternity Cover
Working hours - Monday to Friday 9:00-17:30
Salary - £18,000 pro-rata
We are seeking to hire an office-based receptionist to cover maternity leave. You will be the first point of contact for visitors and clients and be responsible for:
- Managing the switchboard
- Meeting room calendars
- Ensuring the highest level of client care is delivered
- Processing incoming and outgoing post
- Data entry
- Archiving files
- Assisting with office administrative tasks
You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, a friendly, welcoming and professional approach to client care, good organisational and IT skills and attention to detail. You will be well presented, self-motivated and have good initiative. Previous reception experience is essential.
We are a leading regional law firm based at Coldra, South Wales.
We practice in Real Estate, Corporate, Commercial, IT / Data, Dispute Resolution, Agricultural and Private Client law to a client base that is predominantly high net worth / commercial.
We are a forward thinking, innovative practice. We believe, fundamentally, that a good business places its culture and the welfare of its people at its core and this is our motivating and guiding ethos. As such we manage the practice laterally, rather than hierarchically and as a pure meritocracy.
We are recognised by The Legal 500 in all our major practice areas. In 2019 we were shortlisted for a Law Society Award for excellent in practice management and this year we have been shortlisted by The Welsh Legal Awards as one of the three leading law firms in Wales.
To apply, please email your CV to Danni Bryan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Litigation Paralegal / Trainee Solicitor
We are a Legal 500 firm based on the England / Wales border at Langstone, Newport. We are forward thinking, progressive and expanding and we place our staff and their welfare at the fore of our business development. We are offering a competitive salary and flexible working hours in addition to a possible training contract for the successful candidate who proves themselves over a short period of time.
The role involves working on a broad range of commercial litigation, financial services, banking and property related disputes for a range of clients including corporate entities, high net worth individuals, occupiers, investors and developers.
The role will involve: -
- Managing own case load of small and fast track claims under supervision, in both the claimant and defendant context.
- Assisting the fee earners with high value and complex multi-track litigation
- Gaining hands-on experience of dealing with matters from start to finish under appropriate levels of supervision, enabling you to build your fee earning skills
- Attending Court hearings, client meetings and conferences with counsel
- Communicating on the telephone and corresponding with clients, HMCTS, counsel, experts, and other third parties
- Drafting legal documents, instructions to counsel and preparing trial bundles
- Undertaking legal research
- Working to strict deadlines and service level agreements using a case management system
- Working proactively to conclude cases in a timely and sensitive manner
- Working with others to develop and maintain effective client relationships
- Compiling monthly client update reports
- Monitoring the aged debt for all matters and highlighting issues to supervisors
- Marketing and business development
The candidate will be a graduate with an LPC or CILEx equivalent, with at least 12 months' work experience in a legal environment. Proven working experience in a litigation department and a good working knowledge of the Civil Procedure Rules would be an advantage.
You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, a professional approach to client care, good organisational skills and attention to detail. You will be self-motivated and have good initiative.
You will need to be able to demonstrate exceptional organisational skills as well as high attention to detail and an ability to juggle multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
You will provide a first-rate client service.
We will consider applications from exceptional candidates with strong non-contentious experience with a commitment to developing a contentious career.
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com
Office Administrative Assistant
Working Hours – Monday to Friday 9:00 – 17:30
Full time office-based position
Salary - £19,000
We are a Legal 500 law firm based on the England / Wales border at Langstone, Newport. We are forward thinking, progressive and expanding and we place our staff and their welfare at the fore of our business development.
This is a multi-faceted role, providing administrative support to RDP Law’s management team. It includes elements of compliance, marketing and general office administration. It is a challenging and varied role and a very good opportunity to join a growing law firm with an excellent culture where your ideas to improve policies and procedures are valued.
Supporting Compliance Manager
- Assisting with ID checks:
- Understanding various business structures to assess what documents are required for different types of companies and charities
- Checking internal case management system for what ID is currently held
- Obtaining documents and information from Companies House website
- Liaising with fee earners to provide information about what ID is required for certain clients
- Liaising with clients to request/chase for ID documents
- Processing all incoming ID documents and completing electronic checks
- Regular reporting and data analysis using spreadsheets in relation to ID and other compliance checks
- General assistance with Money Laundering compliance and other ad-hoc tasks/projects to support the Compliance Manager as and when required
Supporting Marketing Manager
events assistance, including:
- Managing invite lists
- Emailing invites out
- Setting up Eventbrite pages
- Pre and post event publicity
support to departments on their marketing plans:
- Data gathering
- Admin tasks
- Liaising with creative agencies on behalf of Marketing Manager when necessary
- Assist with marketing analysis / data capturing
- Assist with fact checking / copy-editing of marketing materials
- Assist with maintaining marketing materials stock
- Market research
- Assisting with the firm’s entry submissions into legal directories and awards
- Ad-hoc tasks / projects to support Marketing Manager
Supporting Office Manager
- Maintaining archive databases & storage facility to ensure all files are organised
- Collect and return archived files from off-site storage
- Assist with arranging office maintenance and service calls
- Reception cover as and when required
- Ad-hoc tasks / projects to support Office Manager as and when required
You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, good organisational and time management skills and very good attention to detail. You will have a friendly, welcoming and professional approach to client care, be self-motivated and have good initiative. You will be expected to manage your own workload and adhere to strict deadlines. You will have strong IT skills which must include Microsoft Office.
Previous office experience is essential.
To apply for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org